Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hodgson to Buffalo


With the NHL trade deadline just passed, I'm sitting here with shock, bemusement, and at this point, a hint of dismay. Because talented center Cody Hodgson has been traded from the Canucks to the Buffalo Sabers.

I can't claim to understand the mindset behind dealing a hot rookie providing some crucial offense, but I'm not the expert. With Kesler and the Sedins, are the Canucks simply stacked in the goal-scoring department?

Just reading the phone interviews with CoHo, the kid sounds bummed. As well he should, really. No doubt he feels besmirched to be so early in his career, and earning his minutes on the ice, only to be shipped elsewhere.

But like I said, I'm not the expert. They have their reasons, and hopefully, we as 'Nucks fans will be the benefactors of a new-look team that is even more successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment