Monday, March 14, 2016

Life is kind, sometimes

By now, if you've been reading my blog for long enough, you're well aware of the fact that my favourite athlete is Steve McNair. You may also be aware of the sad truth of his death; slain by his mistress. I always thought it was an unusual twist of fate, that the man I idolised died so ingloriously. I've moved long past the days of judging or analysing his actions leading up to this, I still love the guy and think he was one of the fiercest competitors to ever hit the gridiron, but regardless, it sucks.

I would be remiss however, not to acknowledge that my second favourite player of all time is leading a much different lifestyle, and he is doing fantastically. It makes me feel happy to know that Eddie George is living it up, man.

Dabbling as an analyst for a while (of particular note, doing commentary for Titans preseason games), Eddie has been plying his trade as an actor for some time now, starting off with local Nashville Shakespeare productions, and he's really hit the big time now.

Eddie George has debuted as Billy Flynn on Broadway.

That is just all kinds of fantastic. He's there in the bright lights of New York, dancing up a storm as a lead role in a huge musical. Could I have ever predicted this back during his playing days? Not necessarily, though considering his charisma over the years, it wouldn't have necessarily surprised me. Good on you, Eddie George, good on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment