Wednesday, July 9, 2008

She works hard in the nuddy

Just finished my sixth straight day at work. It's 1:29 am now, and I'm due to leave at 8 am to start my seventh. Then it's one day off, followed by another two days back at the grindstone. Working five days a week may not sound like much (I mean jeez, most people do that anyway, right?), but consider we're discussing a lad who would regularly not leave the house for a week over the holidays, then throwing all sorts of 6/7/8 hour shifts at him during school holidays, when put frankly IT'S REALLY BUSY, and you get a tired Tony.

Not that I'm complaining, I mean I love my job and I'm quite a big fan of money (even though it means the friggin' government won't pay me this fortnight. Jerks.), but I just get more than a little pissed off at comments I read from our venerable entertainment industry.
Consider Christina Aguilera. Her 'job' is to make music, and I'm using the word music in the broadest possible term considering the ear destruction she churns out, and for that she gets paid millions of dollars. So what does she do on her days off? (Days off? From what??)
"We have naked Sundays." she offers handily, "You just lie in bed all day and chill with each other and do things that husbands and wives do."

...At the end of this article, mX stated in reference to the lewd reference at quote's end 'the mind boggles'. Though indeed the mind does boggle, this particular mind is boggled by the concept that while the rest of us work our asses off day in and day out (several in far worse affairs than mine self, mind), Christina Aguilera needs a day off from making millions in which to sleep in and galavant about in her birthday suit.

Put short, fuck you Christina Aguilera and fuck your naked Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment