Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Acme Looniversity

If you recognise the subject title, then well done, you're pretty much as sad a person as I am. :P

Anyway, I've been feeling a smidgen old as of late. In less than a month I'll turn 18, which means I'll be able to get up to all sorts of drinking and gambling shenanigans as well as get myself into R-rated movie theatres (because I appreciate the artistic value of such programs, I assure you).
Additionally, today was a fascinating day for me, because I enroled with Victoria University. Yup, I'm goin' to college.

Gee golly gosh, I hadn't been to the establishment since mid-November when I had the initial interview (which I passed with flying colours, being so charismatic and lovable and full of myself), but now they wanted more than answers about where I'm from and what I plan to do...
They wanted forms! They wanted tax file numbers! THEY WANTED ME TO SIGN WITH A BLUE PEN.

It's rather daunting to know that by the end of February classes shall begin, and it's back into the bloody school system for me, for three years of performance studies. Gotta pick up my bachelor of arts (also known as a bachelor of unemployment) so I can make my resume bigger, raid Grundy headquarters outside of Melbourne and gain fame as a member of the Neighbours cast.

Yeah that's right, I got a plan. Australian daytime television, man. I'll make a killing. What writer wouldn't love to have opportunity for making dialogue for an Australian character with a Canadian accent? I could say 'eh' at the end of every sentence, and perhaps even 'aboot' once or twice.

In the meantime my divine mission is to get some acting experience in the big city, hone my craft and save up money for the future. The future where, after getting some roles in local gigs and five, count 'em, FIVE Logies, I head on over to America and get an agent with sunglasses and one of those mobile phones from the early 90s that nobody uses anymore.

Then, when I'm rich, famous and have had at least three scandals, my career can take a nosedive and I can sell my teeth on Ebay. Then it's back to Australia, to rejoin the cast of Neighbours, and boom, career comes full circle.

...Yup, I sure as hell do have a plan. It's a plan that sucks, but it's a plan all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment