Saturday, January 30, 2010

S. A.

I remember back in the days when Myspace was all the rage. Back then, my blog was in its glory days, because it was a prominent feature on a popular page. Tragically, Myspace is a ghost town these days, and the times when I curiously stumble upon that old graveyard on the off chance that I might have any new notifications, I usually find it's some band who wants me to become a fan. Are those things spam? I consider them spam, so I mark them as such. Tony could be directly at fault for the downfall of the music industry.

Anyhow, my blog was once a great little opportunity to shamelessly advertise all of my upcoming performances, and though Facebook's events is no doubt a superior medium for making a performance a night out, I still miss my little advertisement blogs. I miss my blog as a whole, now relegated to an actual blogging site where I have no connections. Without connections, my blog relies solely on the strength of its content in order to garner any interest. ...And clearly, judging by the fact that I haven't really noticed any interest at all, my content is shithouse.

Right then. Advertising.

Having left the wild world of amateur theatre behind me, it's a bit harder to catch up on your dose of Tony, seeing as I've gone from the front of the stage to a quiet corner tucked away in the back of films, but I've recently come off recording my bit for a radio play that I'd love for anyone out there to hear.

It's called Fantasbojou, and I take the reigns of Ashley, a camp hip-hop artist. You can listen in on the Spoken Word on Thursday, 4th February at 9 am. 3CR Community radio, 855AM. So be sure to listen, for otherwise my gay little guy may fall to the wayside. And we can't have that, now can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment